WHO WE ARE
Join a nationwide network of bilingual/multilingual education professionals, English learner (EL) teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators, professors, parents, students, advocates, researchers, and policy makers dedicated to promoting educational excellence and equity through bilingual/multilingual education. The National Association for Bilingual Education is the only national professional membership organization whose resources are exclusively committed to representing both English language learners and bilingual/multilingual education professionals. NABE has affiliates in 18 states and 3 international affiliates. NABE is your link to this network of colleagues who will provide you with the information and expertise you need to prepare your English language learners for a lifetime of successful learning.
WHAT WE DO
- Improve instructional practices for linguistically and culturally diverse children.
- Provide bilingual educators with more high-quality professional development opportunities.
- Secure adequate funding for the programs serving limited-English-proficient students.
- Keep the rights of language-minority Americans clearly in focus as states and communities move forward with educational reforms.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Four issues per year of NABE Perspectives magazine
- Discounted Rates for Subscriptions to NABE’s Bilingual Research Journal
- Discounted Rates for Subscriptions to NABE Journal of Research and Practice
- Access to the NABE Community Forum, NABE’s member-only forum for educators
- State and Regional Affiliation
- Weekly Issues of NABE eNews
- Representation & Advocacy at the National Level
- Networking Opportunities